Top 5 Essential Oils for Glowing Skin
How Essential Oils Heal Your Body and Ease Your Mind
Doesn’t everyone want healthy skin? Poor air quality harms your skin, which can lead to dullness and unwanted skin conditions. This is why many women have started to use natural and organic products for their skin and body.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are extracted from plant stems, flowers, and leaves. They carry therapeutic properties making them ideal for aromatherapy which will help ease your mind. Since ages, essential oils have also been used for body, hair and skin nourishment. Nourishing dry skin to reduce signs of aging is only one benefit of using essentials oils.
Some essential oils have properties that treat certain skin conditions as well. Their concentrated form is often combined with other carrier oils, such as coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, and argan oil to help prepare it for use on your skin.
Anti-Viral, Antifungal and Antibacterial Essential Oils
Some essential oils have anti-viral, antibacterial and antifungal properties to protect from infections and keep you and your surroundings clean and healthy. These oils can be used topically, to clean surfaces and/or for purifying the air.
- Tea-Tree Oil. Tea-Tree oil is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory. It is helpful in treating skin acne and soothing skin inflammation. Tea tree oil also helps in relieving the symptoms of psoriasis. Its antiseptic properties help in minor cuts and abrasions. Tea tree oil acts as a natural deodorizer and insect repellent. It can also be used for cleaning surfaces while sanitizing them.
- Eucalyptus Oil. Eucalyptus oil acts as an air purifier and cleanser. It’s antibacterial and antiviral properties helps kill bacteria and viruses. It is also known to treat cold and flu symptoms by clearing nasal passages. It heals burns, cuts, wounds, ulcers, and abrasions on the skin. For a long time, people have been using eucalyptus oil for aromatherapy as it helps relieve mental stress by stimulating circulation in the brain.
- Cinnamon Oil. Cinnamon oil is used for its antibacterial, antifungal, antidiabetic and antioxidant properties. It helps in killing germs like viruses and bacteria. The aroma of cinnamon oil helps in depression and anxiety is it soothes the mind and relaxes the body. Cinnamon oil also helps in hair growth and is often used in many cosmetic products. It can be used as an air purifier and can be added to other carrier oils for use on skin but the recommended ratio to use on the skin should be 2-3 drops for 1 cup of carrier oil.
- Orange Essential Oil. Orange oil is an antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant oil. Extracted from the orange plant, this oil has been known to maintain good skin. It improves skin texture and appearance and keeps the skin clear, radiant and smooth. Orange oil carries cognitive properties which is why it enhances sleep quality when its fragrance disperses in the air through diffusers. It also detoxifies skin and body and helps in balancing hormones.
- Rosemary Oil. Rosemary oil is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant skin toner. Though not applied directly, it can be diluted with a carrier oil for use on skin. It rejuvenates the damaged skin, heals scars and acne, normalizes oily skin, nourishes dry skin and is a great anti-ageing formula for skin. The aroma of rosemary oil also helps with a good memory, boosts energy, mood and attention span and relieves stress. This oil also stimulates hair growth and is a mild pain reliever.
Essential oils have been known to provide a range of benefits to body, mind, soul, and surroundings either topically, as air purifiers or as cleaning and disinfecting agents. But remember to buy essential oils in 100% pure form and dilute them with suggested carrier oils. The science of aromatherapy and Ayurveda have healed us in so many ways and will continue to do so in the years to come.
Added Protection with Essential Oils
During this pandemic, it is important to protect yourself by regularly washing your hands. Using a soap with essential oils that are anti-viral and antibacterial will leave your skin clean and soft.
Our Rich Mango, Gentle Coconut, Clay Facial, and Cleansing Acne soaps all contain essential oils that protect against viruses and bacteria. Feel better about the products you use on your skin, and keep your family safe.
About Pearline's Apothecary
We proudly create 100% natural, handmade, vegan soap in a variety of therapeutic fragrances. Each soap is crafted in small batches to guarantee quality, back to basics with pure skin care products, with attention to detail and a personal touch.
Blog Powered by STAGE Marketing
@stagemktg | email@example.com