How to Heal Your Eczema Naturally
Have you ever had red patches of itchy, cracked and rough skin that’s inflamed? These are the most common signs of eczema, a common skin condition that affects 15-20% of children and 3% adults worldwide. Even though many experience these symptoms, many people have skin that goes untreated and continues to affect upwards of 35 million Americans today.
Lifestyle and diet changes, as well as staying away from products that may irritate your skin, can help minimize the effects of eczema. It is also treated with various over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, such as topical creams and ointments but there are natural remedies to heal your skin without negative side-effects. Natural treatments cannot cure eczema completely, but they effectively minimize symptoms and prevent eczema from getting worse.
Here are a few natural ingredients to heal your eczema-prone skin:
1. Coconut Oil. Dry skin is one of the causes of eczema and coconut oil contains fatty acids that nourish and moisturize the dry skin. Coconut has antibacterial properties that make it a perfect agent for treating bacteria and infection. Studies have proved that regular use of coconut oil for 8 weeks helps in minimizing the symptoms of eczema, combating inflammation and improving the health of skin barriers.
Experts advise using extra virgin, cold-pressed or 100% pure coconut oil for eczema. Use it twice, thrice or as needed and before bed-time. Apply on face and wherever needed.
2. Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil is an antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory oil that helps in relieving skin of bacteria, infections, inflammation, dryness and itching. People have been using this oil for various skin disorders as well as reducing the symptoms of eczema. Tea tree oil helps in reducing allergic reactions and fighting off viruses.
Make sure you buy 100% pure tea tree oil and always dilute it with a carrier oil before applying on skin. Coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil and olive oil act as great carrier oils to be diluted with tea tree oil. 2 drops of tea tree oil is recommended to dilute with 12 drops of carrier oil. Apply evenly on the skin and let it get absorbed.
3. Honey. Honey has antibacterial properties that aid in healing the skin. Honey hydrates, It has anti-inflammatory agents that reduce inflammation, nourish and moist the skin. One added benefit of honey is that it can also be consumed for boosting the immune system and internal healing of the skin. It also heals wounds and cuts. Since it is known to boost immunity, it also helps in minimizing the spread of infection.
Honey should always be bought in its 100% purest form. It can be applied directly to the affected area with a cotton swab and can also be diluted with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for treatment of eczema.
4. Aloe Vera Gel. Aloe vera is a cooling agent, it works the best to soothe inflammation of eczema. It has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that help in getting rid of germs like bacteria, viruses and other infections. Aloe vera gel is an easily available natural remedy to repair and moisturize dry skin. This gel gives a calming effect on the eczema patches.
You can have aloe vera plant at your home and have access to its purest form. It can also be store-bought but make sure to buy the organic and 100% pure aloe vera gel. Apply it directly on the skin and the affected areas twice or thrice a day.
5. Gentle Soaps and Detergents. Soaps and detergents can be really harsh on the skin, especially when you have eczema. A dermatologist always prescribes eczema patients with medicated and gentle soaps that do not cause dryness, itching or flaking of skin. Some clinically proven medicated soaps and detergents have been known to relieve people of eczema symptoms.
Though natural remedies are beneficial for skin, they cannot completely cure eczema but can always minimize their symptoms. Using genuine, organic and 100% pure products can be really helpful in the process but make sure you also take care of your diet, lifestyle and habits.
Soap That Heals
Are you looking for natural products to ease Eczema flare-ups and prevent them from happening again? Eczema-prone skin is sensitive to harsh chemicals and minimizing the number of ingredients in your skin care products will relieve irritation.
Try our Gentle Coconut soap that’s made with olive oil, coconut oil, and shea butter. These natural ingredients soften your skin, have anti-inflammatory healing properties, and the anti-oxidant protection of castor oil and cocoa butter. Gentle coconut comes in two fragrance blends of essential and fragrance oils that are sure to enhance the spa feeling in the shower or bath while moisturizing your in a clean natural way.
About Pearline's Apothecary
We proudly create 100% natural, handmade, vegan soap in a variety of therapeutic fragrances. Each soap is crafted in small batches to guarantee quality, back to basics with pure skin care products, with attention to detail and a personal touch.
Blog Powered by STAGE Marketing www.stagemktg.com @stagemktg | firstname.lastname@example.org